Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Location, Location, Location!

Two major aspects of any event are the TIME and PLACE the event is to occur. We already know that the reunion will take place in 2011, but we need narrow down the month (and eventually the weekend) and the general part of the country we will meet for this reunion (more specifics on the exact place will follow).

Please review the following and publish your preference in the form of a comment on this blog. It would be great to have your input by May.

1.) Location.
Taking into account past experiences and the opinions of others, here are a few options for where we could meet. Feel free to add another location by stating that in a comment.

A. Out West.
  • Cousin Wendy and Family live in Washington State and it might be nice to see them again.
  • We could venture into this region full of wonderful vacation possibilities.
B. Colorado.
  • This seems to be a hot spot (we have stayed at the YMCA camp in Winter Park twice).
  • We are familiar with the area already and know what to expect.
  • We may want a change of scenery though.
  • A cluster of family already live in Colorado.
C. Midwest (Chicago area?).
  • Again, something new we haven't tried before.
  • Clusters of family live in the Midwest--easy travel for them.
  • Great vacation spots in this area too.
  • Middle ground for those on the East and West coasts.
D. Nebraska.
  • Another tried and true reunion spot.
  • Ancestry and family ties to this area.
  • Another middle ground area for those who have to travel.
  • Clusters of family live in this area too.
  • May want a change of scenery though.
E. Out East.
  • A new experience.
  • Clusters of family out this way too =)
  • A lot of historical/vacation hot spots.
F. Hawaii
  • While we're on a role, why not mention it?!
2.) Time of Year

A. June
B. July
C. August

**Please publish a comment so that we can all see. Again, your input matters!!

Next post: Narrow down location spot and venues in that area.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! I guess I am the first to comment. Well the month does not matter. I think I can schedule accordingly by 2011. As far as location goes, I am game for a new venue. Since Lisa and Kurt (and spouses) will be planning it, it may be easier for them to plan something close to either one. Having helped plan one in the past, I can attest that it is easier for the planner to be close to the site. Plus, it would be fun to see something new and different. Maybe a spot on one of the great lakes so we could enjoy a beach setting? There is still a lot of family within driving distance of that area, and so it would be convenient for many family members. I figure we will have to travel no matter what. For the most part, unless something tragic happens, we will be there regardless. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie JohnsonMay 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM

    If I count at all or have any voice, I would vote for somewhere close to either Chicago or Wisconsin. Steve and I don't get to much vacation time and we spent it on our honeymoon. The time doesn't matter to us at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to do it up in the northwest somewhere. Then we could see Yellowstone and other attractions on the way out or back. For us it would have to be within a 2 day drive, which puts Chicago at the eastern edge of our range.

    ReplyDelete